Tips for Hiring an Atlanta DUI Attorney
Suggestions for hiring an Atlanta DUI attorney by phone
Although hiring an Altanta DUI defense attorney by telephone seems like an easier route, it is always a good idea to meet with the Atlanta DUI attorney face-to-face before making the decision to hire them. If you do decide to hire an Atlanta DUI attorney based on a phone call, it is my suggestion that you ask these questions:
- How many drunk driving (DUI) jury trials have you defended in Atlanta successfully?
- Do you have enough staff to represent me in DUI court and DMV hearings effectively?
- If you were being charged with a DUI, what Atlanta DUI attorney would you have represent you?
- How much of your Atlanta attorney practice do you devote to Atlanta DUI defense?
- Have you attended any attorney DUI seminars in the past year?
- Have you ever spoken at a DUI seminar and taught other DUI attorneys how to successfully defend DUI clients?
- How often do you plead guilty without conducting a jury trial or filing pre-trial motions?
- Will you be available to meet with me in person or by phone when needed?
- Have you ever had any DUI literature published?
- Do you have access to investigators and experts in DUI defense cases?
Remember that price denotes quality. If an Atlanta DUI attorney is willing to represent you for a very low fee, that should tell you something about the quality of legal service you should expect. The most important thing you can find out is if the Atlanta DUI lawyer has a history of pleading guilty for their clients or if he/she has been known to fight and win DUI cases in Atlanta.
I hope this helps you choose an Atlanta DUI attorney that is right for you. Choosing the right attorney can be more expensive, but choosing the wrong one could cost you in your DUI sentencing. If you or a loved one is facing a DUI charge in Atlanta, I would be happy to provide you with a free DUI attorney consultation. Please call my Atlanta DUI office to schedule a time to meet. I look forward to hearing from you.