Hire an Experienced Atlanta DUI Attorney
If you have been arrested for a DUI in Atlanta you probably have a great deal of questions for your Atlanta DUI attorney, and it's crucial you find an experienced and successful Atlanta DUI lawyer to take up your cause, and your case.
Atlanta DUI law firm W. Scott Smith has compiled a list of some of those questions along with what you can expect during the process. If you have additional questions, contact the office of Atlanta DUI attorney Scott Smith. He will advise you of your rights and help you to make the best decisions about your DUI case.
Common Atlanta DUI Defense Questions & Notes
What Will Happen To My Georgia Driver’s License If I Am Convicted Of a DUI?
If it is your first arrest and/or conviction for DUI (or drunk driving) in Atlanta within 5 years, the following will apply:
- Upon a plea of guilty to DUI in Atlanta, your driver's license shall be suspended for 12 months; however, there are provisions for a temporary work permit and reinstatement of your license.
- You will be required to surrender your license to the court.
- If your license was taken from you, and you have not received a new license, you may be required to submit a lost license affidavit to the court.
- Your “suspension/revocation time” does not begin until you surrender your license to DDS.
- If you do not submit your license, your “suspension/revocation time” begins the date DDS processes the conviction.
It is essential to have an experienced Atlanta DUI attorney on your side to watch out for your best interests. If you have been arrested for a DUI, contact the Atlanta DUI law firm W. Scott Smith at 404.850.0300 today. You'll find an Atlanta DUI attorney ready to aggressively fight on your behalf.